Updates: 4 November 2020
At Arid Earth Solutions we have a few fundamental principles that we follow:
- We don’t ask you for personal information unless we truly need it.
- We don’t share your personal information with anyone except to comply with the law, develop our products, or protect our rights.
- We don’t store personal information on our servers unless required for the on-going operation of our site.
Who we are
Our website address is: https://aridearthsolutions.com
Our physical address is 86 Stonehurst Way, Longwood, Pinehurst, Durbanville 7550. This website and the services provided by Arid Earth Solutions are operated from within the Republic of South Africa and thus the relevant South African Law applies.
It is Arid Earth Solutions’ policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect while operating our website.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
In general, you can browse our site without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself.
Like most website operators, Arid Earth Solutions collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, the key words used to find our site, your IP-address, and the date and time of each visitor request. Arid Earth Solutions' purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how visitors use our website.
If requested, you may choose to give us your personal information, for example your name and address or email addresses. This information may be needed, for example, to correspond with you, to process an order, or to provide you with a subscription. We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address, telephone numbers,
- demographic information such as address, postcode, gender, preferences and interests
- account information, these also include registration or updating the details of your user account
- User names on social media such as Facebook, Instagram, YouTube
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
Arid Earth Solutions' purpose in collecting personally identifying information is:
- To understand your needs and provide you with a better service
- To send you service, support and information requested by you
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- We may periodically send newsletters to notify you about activities and offers
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes
- We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
- We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests
- To administer rewards, surveys, or other promotional activities
- To comply with our legal obligations
Our website is not directed at children. We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children.
Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
Certain visitors to Arid Earth Solution's websites choose to interact with Arid Earth Solutions in ways that require us to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that Arid Earth Solutions gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, those who wish to receive our blog updates via email, we collect their email addresses. In each case, Arid Earth Solutions collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with us. We do not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below. And visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities.
Arid Earth Solutions may collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its websites. For instance, Arid Earth Solutions may use spam screened by the Akismet service to help identify spam. We may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, Arid Earth Solutions does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below.
Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information
Arid Earth Solutions discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on Arid Earth Solutions' behalf or to provide services available at Arid Earth Solutions’ websites, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using Arid Earth Solutions' websites, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. Arid Earth Solutions will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. We may disclose personal information required
- by a subpoena or court order
- to comply with any laws and legislation eg. the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (“POPI”)
- to protect the safety of any individual or the general public
- to protect the property or rights of Arid Earth Solutions
If you are a registered user of Arid Earth Solutions' website and have supplied your email address, Arid Earth Solutions may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what’s going on with Arid Earth Solutions and our products. We primarily use our blog to communicate this type of information, so we expect to keep this type of email to a minimum. Arid Earth Solutions takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection. Comments and other content submitted to Akismet anti-spam service are not saved on our servers unless they were marked as false positives, in which case we store them long enough to use them to improve the service to avoid future false positives.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
This website uses the following cookies:
- Google Analytics: This cookie allows us to see information on user website activities including, but not limited to page views, source and time spent on website. The information is de-personalized and is displayed as numbers, meaning it cannot be tracked back to individuals. This will help to protect your privacy. Using Google Analytics we can see what content is popular on our website, and strive to give you more of the things you enjoy reading and watching.
- Google AdWords: Using Google AdWords code we are able to see which pages helped lead to contact form submissions. This allows us to make better use of our paid search budget.
- BackupBuddy: Additional cookies are used to handle importing and restoring backups. Cookies are used to handle importing and restoring backups. Cookies used during the restore/import process expire after 24 hours.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Links from other websites
Arid Earth Solutions’ website may contain links to other sites of interest. Although we try to link only to sites that share our high standards and respect for privacy, we are not in any way responsible for the content or the privacy practices employed by other sites. We encourage you to read the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Third Party Advertising and Service providers
Occasionally, we and our third-party advertising and service providers may use internet tags (also known as action tags, single-pixel GIFs, clear GIFs, invisible GIFs and 1-by-1 GIFs) and cookies at this site and may deploy these tags/cookies through a third-party advertising partner or a web analytical service partner which may be located and store the respective information (including your IP address) in a foreign country. These tags/cookies are placed on both online advertisements that bring users to this site and on different pages of this site. We use this technology to measure the visitors' responses to our sites and the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns (including how many times a page is opened and which information is consulted) as well as to evaluate your use of this website. The third-party partner or the web analytical service partner may be able to collect data about visitors to our and other sites because of these internet tags/cookies, may compose reports regarding the website’s activity for us and may provide further services which are related to the use of the website and the internet. They may provide such information to other parties if there is a legal requirement that they do so, or if they hire other parties to process information on their behalf. If you would like more information about web tags and cookies, please visit the Network Advertising Initiative website https://www.networkadvertising.org.
We may use a number of technologies offered by different providers to support website analytics and user tracking, including technologies offered by the providers below. If you wish to prevent or control the use of these technologies, please follow the links mentioned with that particular third party:
How long we retain your data
We will only keep your personal information for as long as deemed necessary for the purpose it was collected, to provide you with any of our services that you have requested by visiting and logging in to our website and for any other legal or policy disputes. We may, periodically use your personal information to contact you to check and data cleanse our files, making sure you still consent to us holding your personal information and that our services are relevant.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. If you believe that any information we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
You agree that we may store your personal information in South Africa, as well as in any country outside of South Africa. Where we transfer data to a country which has not been deemed to provide adequate data protection standards, we always have contractual safeguards in place with the recipient to protect your personal data. You may ask us for a copy of these safeguards. Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
How we protect your data
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Please note that our website does not provide systems for secure transmission of personal information across the internet, except where otherwise specifically stated. You should be aware that there are inherent risks in transmitting personal information via the internet and that we accept no responsibility for personal information provided via unsecured websites. There is also some risk that thieves could find a way to thwart our security systems.
If Arid Earth Solutions, or substantially all of its assets were acquired, or in the unlikely event that Arid Earth Solutions goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of Arid Earth Solutions may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.
Backups of website files and/or database are created and stored locally and/or remotely on 3rd party servers. Archives can include, but are not limited to, file and database assets, including hashed passwords, 3rd party data, uploads and user information. These backups are stored to provide critical functionality of this website. Backups can be stored from less than one minute to indefinitely.
- Cookies: are used to handle importing and restoring backups.
- Plugin Settings: Some plugin settings ask for an email address or login credentials to 3rd party services. This is stored to provide functional features to the plugin.
- Recent Activity: This plugin tracks dates, times and actions of successful and unsuccessful backups and remote data transfers. This is stored to help make the plugin better and assist with troubleshooting problems.
- Logging: This plugin logs some personal information such as email addresses, usernames, database and server information. This is stored to help make the plugin better and assist with troubleshooting problems.
Backups can be sent to third-party destination servers, including but not limited to:
Links to third party privacy policies have been included.
Arid Earth Solutions is based in South Africa, and when we process personal data and information and personally identifiable information in Republic of South Africa, we follow South African data protection and privacy regulations, including those of the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA)